How to Compress and Split Files Using 7-Zip (English)
7-Zip is a file archiver. 7-Zip operates with the 7z archive format, but can read and write several other archive formats. It is an open source software means no usage license cost involved. 7-Zip is included in RMA Standard computers or can be downloaded from http://www.7-zip.org.
If you require further assistance, please open a support ticket.
To compress files using 7-Zip
1. Right click on the file you want to split and select 7-Zip --> Add to archive…
2. From the Add to Archive window, edit the Archive name (by default saved to the same folder). Ensure the Archive format is Zip and Compression level is Normal. If you want to split the compress files into several small files then set Split to volumes, bytes to file size you want (e.g. 10MB).
Add any other special settings such as passwords etc, then click OK
3. Wait for the zip files to be created.
4. Once complete you will see a list of files in your folder with the suffix .zip or .001, .002 etc.
If you are sending the files by email, the initial email should show the full list of files to the recipient knows how many files to expect.
To unpack files using 7-Zip
1. select the zip file (.zip) or first file of splitted archives (.001), right click and select 7-Zip --> Extract Here