Problem with CRM rollup 6 or 11 update installation
As Microsoft had release the rollup update to fix many bug and enhance performance of this application, However in case you encounter a problem while try to installing these update please refer the instruction below.
User unable to install CRM client and rollup 6,11
Please find the steps for this error.
“The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Crm.LocatorService' threw an exception.
Cannot load Counter Name data because an invalid index '' was read from the registry.”
This is not a bug in the rollups, it’s the pointers to the performance counters that are corrupted on your computer and they must be rebuilt.
1. Go to Start, write ”cmd”.
2. Right click on cmd.exe and choose ‘Run as administrator’.
3. Write “lodctr /r” and press enter.
You will then get the message ‘Info: Successfully rebuilt performance counter setting from system backup store’.
4. Check if there are providers that are disabled, write “lodctr /q” and press enter
5. You will then get a long list of providers, make sure that the [CRM Client] is Enabled, se below
If not, write “lodctr /e:CRM Client” and press enter.
6. Install the Outlook client rollup, 10(v2) or 11.